Manchester United suffered a shock home defeat to 20th-placed West Bromwich Albion on Sunday which confirmed fierce rivals Manchester City as Premier League champions.
The result came just one week after United impressively beat City at the Etihad Stadium. Jay Rodriguez headed home mid-way through the second-half at Old Trafford to condemn Jose Mourinho’s side to their sixth loss of the season.
West Brom are still bottom of the table but have ended their losing run to given themselves a slim chance of survival.
Arsenal also endured the ignominy of a surprise defeat, going down 2-1 away to Newcastle. The Gunners took the lead through Alexandre Lacazette in the 14th minute, but Ayoze Perez responded inside of half an hour to level the game.
Matt Ritchie won the match for Newcastle mid-way through the second-half, putting the Magpies just one point adrift of ninth-placed Everton and two behind eighth-placed Leicester City.
Saturday, April 14, 2018
- Southampton 2-3 Chelsea
- Swansea City 1-1 Everton
- Huddersfield Town 1-0 Watford
- Crystal Palace 3-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Burnley 2-1 Leicester City
- Liverpool 3-0 Bournemouth
- Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Manchester City
Sunday, April 15
- Newcastle United 2-1 Arsenal
- Manchester United 0-1 West Bromwich Albion
Monday, April 16
- West Ham United 1-1 Stoke City