Manchester United went four points clear of third place after a 2-1 win over Liverpool on Saturday afternoon. A Marcus Rashford brace put the Reds to the sword, opening up a five-point gap between the two clubs in the Premier League table.
Manchester City maintained their 16-point advantage at the summit, comprehensively beating Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium on Monday night, courtesy of a double from David Silva.
Tottenham leapfrogged Liverpool in third after a 4-1 win away to Bournemouth. Junior Stanislas gave the Cherries a shock lead, before goals from Dele Alli, Son Heung-Min (2) and Serge Aurier earned Mauricio Pochettino’s side a comfortable victory.
At the other end of the table, West Brom stayed rock bottom after suffering a heavy home defeat to Leicester City. After Albion went ahead early on, Jamie Vardy equalised as the two sides went into the break level.
Riyad Mahrez put the visitors ahead in the second-half, before Kelechi Iheanacho and Vicente Iborra put the game beyond doubt for City.
Saturday, March 10, 2018
- Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool
- Newcastle United 3-0 Southampton
- West Bromwich Albion 1-4 Leicester City
- West Ham United 0-3 Burnley
- Everton 2-0 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Huddersfield Town 0-0 Swansea City
- Chelsea 2-1 Crystal Palace
Sunday, March 11
- Arsenal 3-0 Watford
- Bournemouth 1-4 Tottenham
Monday, March 12
- Stoke City 0-2 Manchester City